New Moon in Taurus ~ May 19, 2023
8:53am PT / 11:53am ET
Theme: Let Yourself Enjoy
By: Andrea Dupuis
This week we have a lovely New Moon in the sign of Taurus, along with the movement of Jupiter into Taurus. At the same time we have several planets now in Taurus; Mercury, North Node, Uranus, Jupiter, Sun and Moon are together forming a ‘stellium’. (when 4 or more planets are in one sign)
Taurus is all about the senses – sight, smell, touch, taste, sound. Really use your senses this week, let them guide you. Be here in the moment, feel the earth under your feet. Taurus is a yin earth sign, it takes its time. It stops and smells the roses. It moves slowly and steadily.
Taurus is connected to the archetype of the Courtesan, she’s earthy and loves sensual pleasure. She’s very earthbound and in her body. Think of a beautiful woman eating grapes by the sea on a sunny day. This is the vibe we want to embody this week.
This New Moon is a time to stop and enjoy the bounty of life. Maybe you’ve felt like you just keep spinning and spinning and not enjoying life. Make time for connection, for rest, for play, fun, and simply enjoy your life. Sometimes we need to just stop and see how far we’ve come and just relax.
This is the lesson of Taurus, to stop and smell the roses… To put down the constant need for inner transformation and change – and instead sit back, relax and take it all in.
Jupiter moving into Taurus on May 16th also expands our capacity to enjoy our 3D material life. See below for where in your life you will be blessed by Jupiter.
Here’s some ideas on how to enjoy Taurus:
- Get out into nature, but don’t just be there, be really present there
- Use your senses to guide your day
- Go hiking, camping, do gardening
- Add plants to your porch or home
- Put your hands into the dirt
- Sit on the grass with bare feet
- Spend time with animals especially horses
- Feel the breeze on your skin
- Get off electronics for the weekend
- Swim in the ocean, a river, a lake
A few days before the New Moon, Jupiter ingresses into Taurus where it will stay until May 2024. The last time this happened was in 2011. This is considered quite a lucky transit that will positively impact the collective money situation and create more opportunities for many.
At the same time, Jupiter, the planet of luck, blessings and is considered “The Guru” is in a hard aspect to Pluto. We may see the fears that are holding us back from creating the life we desire and reaching our blessings. Pluto is connected with our psychic abilities, so we may be able to see things now we wouldn’t see any other time. Trust what comes through your intuition as it could be quite meaningful.
Who this New Moon impacts the most:
Taurus Sun, Moon and Rising
Scorpio Sun, Moon and Rising
Aquarius Sun, Moon and Rising
Virgo Sun, Moon and Rising
Gemini Sun, Moon and Rising
Our Become Your Own Astrologer Course is LIVE! Discover How To Read Your Own Chart And The Chart Of Others With Accuracy And Ease… (And Even Make Extra Money Doing It!)
New Moon in Taurus Ritual
- Cleanse and purify your space by burning rosemary, bayleaf, cedar, sage or any herbs related to your heritage.
- Sit quietly in meditation for 10-15mins, or do the Rising Woman Inner Child Meditation (download available in the RW bio).
- Ask yourself the New Moon contemplations or simply “What intentions can I set for this lunar cycle?”
- Write down images, ideas and clarity that comes through.
- Pull tarot or oracle cards asking “What can help me achieve these intentions?”
- Close your ritual space with prayer, gratitude, whatever has you feel complete.
- Note – don’t take actions on your intentions until the Moon is visible again 2-3 days after the New Moon.
Where you can receive your blessings this next year with Jupiter in Taurus:
If you do not know your Sun, Moon, and Rising sign, you can click here to generate your chart.
Look at your Rising Sign first, then Moon, then Sun.
ARIES: Self-worth, money, what you eat, your voice, possessions, skills and talents
TAURUS: Yourself, ego, how you present yourself to the world, your looks, identity
GEMINI: Spirituality, your dream world, the past, pain and loss, isolated places such as hospitals, prisons and institutions, channelling
CANCER: The greater network, large groups of people, acquaintances, community, social media, online communities, good luck, money
LEO: Work, self-employment, your career, public image, leadership
VIRGO: Father, gurus, spiritual community, foreign travel, blessings, your belief systems, spirituality
LIBRA: Death and rebirth, the occult, big life changes and transformation, sexuality, inheritances, other people’s money
SCORPIO: Romantic partner, business partner, clients
SAGITTARIUS: Your service to the world, day job, enemies, your physical body, health, animals, daily routines
CAPRICORN: Lovers and romance, play, hobbies, fun, art, intellect, creation, children
AQUARIUS: Home, mother, family, emotional wellbeing, ancestral roots, the heart Work, self-employment, your career, public image, leadership
PISCES: Siblings, online business, general business, local life, relatives, short distance travel, writing, speaking, teaching, the mind