Effective Date: February 25, 2020
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). The Site only contacts individuals who specifically request that we do so or in the event that they have signed up to receive our messaging, attended one of our events, or have purchased one of our products. The Site collects personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and email address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Site. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site. If you have accessed our site via a social media platform, such as Facebook, we may collect information related to your social media account, such as your handle or identifier on that platform. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Site, and web beacons, to access cookies, count users who visit the Site, or open HTML-formatted email messages.
We use the information we collect from you while you are using the Site in a variety of ways, including using the information to customize features; advertising that appear on the Site; and, making other offers available to you via email, direct mail or otherwise. We also may provide your information to third parties, such as service providers, contractors and third-party publishers and advertisers for a variety of purposes. Unless you inform us in accordance with the process described below, we reserve the right to use, and to disclose to third parties, all of the information collected from and about you while you are using the Site in any way and for any purpose, such as to enable us or a third party to provide you with information about products and services.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on message boards, web logs, through email, or in chat areas – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
Personal Information Our Company Collects And How It Is Used:
Members may be asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Products or Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Members during the registration process (or at any other time) is used primarily to provide a customized experience while using our Products and Services. Your information will never be disclosed, traded, licensed or sold to any third party. However, we may make limited disclosure of personal information under the specific circumstances described below.
The information you provide to us will never be disclosed, traded, licensed or sold to a third party. However, there are specific instances, described below, where your information could be provided to a known third party
The Types of Information We Collect and Store:
Some of the information we may collect about you and store in connection with the provision and fulfillment of our services to you may include:
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Billing Address
- PayPal Email Address
- Masked Credit Card Information (for refunds)
- Marital Status
- Income Range
- Parent Status
- Other responses to surveys and questionnaires
- Sign-up source
- Date of account creation
- Date of account updates
- IP address
- Time stamp
- Device type
- Operating system
- Email open clicks
- User ID
- User behavior
- Login history
- Order details
- Facebook ID
- NPS score
- Your rating of our support
- Telephone number
- Telephone call recordings
- Testimonials, with your authorization
- Anonymized Facebook and Instagram comments
When you use our Platform, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Date of account creation, Date of account updates, IP address, Device type, Time stamp, Operating system, Browser, Email open clicks, Login history, Order details, Location, Language, Country, Timezone, Sign-up source
When you take a Rising Woman course or event, some of the information we may collect about you and store in connection with the provision and fulfillment of our services to you may include: Age, Gender, Marital Status, Religion, Income Range, Education, Profession, Parent Status, Birthday, Telephone number.
How We Use Your Personal Information:
The above personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- To operate, improve, or promote our Service
- To contact you
- When you have opted in to receive email messaging
- To respond to your email inquiries. Specifically, when Visitors or Members send email inquiries to us, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. We do not use the return email address for any other purpose, or share it with third parties.
- To monitor and analyze trends such as:
- Purchase history
- Sales reports
- Behavior on the Site
- Email clicks and opens
- To market our products and services through:
- Email marketing
- Advertising, including retargeting via Google and Facebook
- Perform accounting, administrative and legal tasks
Who Has Access to Your Data Within Our Organization:
Within our organization, access to your data is limited to those persons who require access in order to provide you with the Products and Services you purchase from us, to contact you, and to respond to your inquiries, including requests for refund. Those staff members may be on teams such as: marketing, events, development, executive, customer support. Employees only have access to data that is relevant to their team, on a “need to know” basis.
Who We Share Your Data With Outside of Our Organization and Why:
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Site, to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, conducting surveys or contests, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations, including through the execution of GDPR-compliant Data Privacy Agreements or Addenda, as applicable.
We use 3rd-party solutions for marketing and analytics. This processing occurs on third party platforms on accounts owned by Company, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Braze notifications, and Mailchimp or Maropost email services. This processing is subject to their respective privacy policies.
or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Company or others.
Why We Store Information We Collect From You:
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member on the Site, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- So you can use our Site;
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To provide you with a refund, if entitled;
- To better understand the traffic to our Site so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Site, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
Third Party Data:
Login From Integrations
You will be given the option to link your Rising Woman account with your social media account e.g. Facebook. When you choose to login with your social media account the social media site will: authenticate your identity, allow you to log into your Rising Woman account using the single social login button, and provide personal information that you agree to share with us.
Third Party Integration
If you order services or products directly from our Company we will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Cookies and Tracking Tools
- To remember your country and language preferences
- To deliver information that matches your interests
- To help us understand our audience and traffic patterns
- To let you automatically log into programs and parts of our site that require membership
- To manage and present site info displayed on our website that will be specific to you
We also use Web Beacons to collect personal and non-personal data on how you use our site, such as how long did you visit our page, what web browser you’re using, what’s your operating system, and who’s your Internet service provider. In addition we also use Google Analytics data and the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads based on a user’s prior visits to our website. This data is collected from thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This helps us build a better website to match our visitors’ needs.
We may also place small “tracker gifs” or “beacons” on many of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our emails. We use these beacons, in connection with Cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser (e.g., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, NetScape), the type of operating system (e.g., Windows, Linux, or Mac), and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider (e.g., AOL). This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful in, for example, tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other websites.
You may also opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics Opt-out page:
We may use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Site, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Data Security and Data Privacy Regulation
Our company’s commitment to data security:
Services and websites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information. If we do discover a security breach affecting your data, every effort will be made to provide a notification within 72 hours of our team learning of the occurrence.
General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR took effect on May 25, 2018, and is intended to protect the data of European Union (EU) citizens.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), or are accessing this Site from within the EEA, you have certain rights with respect to your data. We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- If you request that your account be deleted, you will lose access to all of our programs in which you are actively registered.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. We will not send you additional e-mails after receiving an “opt-out” confirmation from you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area or in Switzerland, then your personal data collected by Company is controlled by Rising Woman. The Company’s EU Data Protection Officer is located at the same address and can also be reached by email at email@example.com
If you reside outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland, then the personal data collected by Company is controlled by Rising Woman, which you can also contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties. We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Site.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Site, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
Revisions to this policy