Full Moon in Sagittarius
June 3rd 8:42pm PT / 11:42pm ET
Theme: Listen to Your Inner Wisdom
by Andrea Dupuis
This Full ‘strawberry’ Moon in Sagittarius is connected to the archetype of the Spiritual Teacher. A Full Moon in this area of the sky amplifies the voice of our own inner Spiritual Teacher.
It’s called a strawberry moon because in the northern hemisphere it’s when the berries begin to ripen. The month June is named after the Roman goddess Juno, the goddess of marriage. For that reason it’s considered a lucky month, and a good time to be out in the world connecting with others and enjoying life. We may find ourselves feeling more jovial and optimistic, meeting new people and even welcoming in new love.
However, it won’t all be smooth sailing. This Full Moon is also in a hard square aspect to Saturn. This can have us feel excitable, social and ready to be out in the world – yet feel restricted or restrained in some way.
This is also the first lunation in the sign of Gemini where the Sun is now. We can learn a lot during this full moon about the lessons of the Sagittarius/Gemini axis. Sagittarius rules the 9th house – the house of spirituality and spiritual beliefs. Gemini rules the opposing house, the 3rd house – which is all about the mind.
At the deepest level, this axis is about balancing the wisdom of our mind with the wisdom of our spirit. We need both, we can’t just follow one or the other. The integration of the two – listening to our souls while also listening to our logic – is the highest exemplification of this axis.
Sagittarius is always looking for the next adventure on a quest to find meaning. The energy of Sagittarius is high right now, and many of us are looking for our next adventure – either inwardly or outwardly!
Take time this Full Moon to allow the messages from your Inner Spiritual Teacher to come through. When you consciously quiet the mind and make space for your spirit to emerge, Sagittarius will gift you with profound spiritual insights.
Full Moon Journalling Contemplations:
What spiritual lessons have you learned over the past year?
How have your beliefs changed?
How have you integrated your mind and spirit?
Who this Full Moon impacts the most:
Sagittarius Sun, Moon, Rising
Gemini Sun, Moon, Rising
Pisces Sun, Moon, Rising
Fire Burning Full Moon Ritual for Releasing
(Do this under the bright light of the moon if you can)
Prep: Have a pen, paper, glass or metal container filled with water and tweezers on hand.
- Cleanse and purify your space by burning rosemary, bayleaf, cedar, sage or any herbs related to your heritage.
- Take some time to meditate by listening to some music, using a mantra, do breathwork or a guided visualization – anything that works to get you into a meditative space. You can sit at your alter, outside or just somewhere in your home that feels good to you.
- Close your eyes and feel deep into your heart – don’t rush this process, really feel into it
- When you feel ready to write down anything in your life you feel ready to let go of. It can be names of people you want to cut chords with, patterns, old hurts. Space them out so you can cut them up to burn. You may have several listed on the page.
- Rip or cut up the words you wrote into separate pieces. Fold each one up individually and burn over the container of water (using the tweezers so you don’t burn your fingers) As the burns really imagine letting it go. I’ve noticed the ones we’re the most afraid to let go of don’t burn as fast!
- Thank the fire for helping you let go and transmute and close the space.
- After you’ve done the fire burning, cleanse yourself in water – have a bath with rose petals, salts, crystals, feel the energy of this issue, pattern, person, whatever it is really drain from your system as the water drains. You can have a simple shower instead, just envision it all draining and you starting fresh.
- Put on some nice fun dancey music
- Dance in the moonlight! Celebrate the newness you’ve created by letting go
Horoscopes For Each Sign – The area of life you can release something this Full Moon
If you do not know your Sun, Moon, and Rising sign, you can click here to generate your chart.
Look at your Rising Sign first, then Moon, then Sun.
ARIES: Father, gurus, spiritual community, foreign travel, blessings, your belief systems, spirituality
TAURUS: Death and rebirth, the occult, big life changes and transformation, sexuality, inheritances, other people’s money
GEMINI: Romantic partner, business partner, clients, anyone you have contracts with
CANCER: Your service to the world, day job, enemies, your physical body, health, animals, daily routines, therapy
LEO: Lovers and romance, play, hobbies, fun, art, intellect, creation, children
VIRGO: Home, mother, family, emotional wellbeing, ancestral roots, the heart
LIBRA: Siblings, online business, general business, local life, relatives, short distance travel, writing, speaking, teaching, the mind
SCORPIO: Self-worth, money, what you eat, your voice, possessions, skills and talents
SAGITTARIUS: Yourself, ego, how you present yourself to the world, your looks, identity
CAPRICORN: Spirituality, your dream world, the past, pain and loss, isolated places such as hospitals, prisons and institutions, channelling
AQUARIUS: The greater network, large groups of people, acquaintances, community, social media, online communities, good luck, money
PISCES: Work, self-employment, your career, public image, leadership