Full Moon in Aries ~ October 9, 2022
4:55pm ET/1:55pm PT
Theme: Coming into Unity, Not Division
By: Andrea Dupuis
This Full Moon occurs in the sign of Aries. Like all signs, Aries has two sides to it – the empowered expression and the shadow expression.
On the empowered side, the Aries archetype is all about warriorship, leadership, pioneering and confidence.
On the shadow side, Aries energy is known to bring agitation, fights, aggression, frustration and lashing out in anger.
Aries is ruled by the planet Mars – also known as the “Planet of War” because of its red color and resemblance to the color of blood.
We may feel a strong impulse within to isolate and create division from others, almost as if we’re at “war” with them. Be mindful of inner agitation and the urge to pick fights. This will be especially strong for those with Aries or Libra placements.
We can expect this energy to be particularly strong this week for many of us. Even with a softer aspects with Venus, it can feel like a fiery weekend!
In order to balance the empowered and shadow side of Aries and work with the intensity, we need to look to its complementary opposite – Libra. A sign about balance, harmony, love and unification.
A good way to connect to this is to pay attention to all the ways we create division and separation in our own minds (me vs them, right and wrong) – and choose to connect back to our hearts, love and harmony.
True unity is when we stop creating division, and come together with others.
Where Aries tends toward isolation and division, Libra asks us to come together. This week we can take a deeper look at how these two archetypes play out within us.
In what ways do we create division in ourselves?
In what ways are we hyper independent and unwilling to compromise?
In what ways can we come together in unity within ourselves and others?
During a Full Moon, the Sun illuminates the Moon – so anything that’s been hidden can come to light, anything unconscious can be brought to the surface.
Anything hidden beneath the surface will come to light this week as Pluto stations direct. These next couple of months are a very transformational time. Secrets can be exposed. Ride the waves, allow the transformation to occur.
We are also gearing up for a very intense Eclipse season starting this weekend… As the eclipses come closer life can start to feel more intense and even unnerving.
(I’ve included some tips for eclipse season below…)
Nourishing Activities for Eclipse Season:
- Allow inner transformation to occur
- Go inward and reflect
- Relax and unwind
- Spend time in nature
- Take deep rest
- Listen to your intuition
- Write down your dreams as they may have important messages
- If you feel the need to sleep or nap more, do so
- Participate in spiritual practices
- Stay off social media/news
- Detox and cleanse your body and mind
- Meditation, yoga and other healing modalities
Avoid During Eclipse Season:
- Signing important contracts – not always possible, it’s ok if you need to just look things over many times before going ahead
- Getting married or legally bound – This is also unavoidable, and not to worry. Just pay close attention to the details.
- Travelling long distances – Take extra care in your travel plans
- Starting or launch a brand new project or business (pre-existing projects are ok)
- Engaging in intense conversations
- Spending time in busy heavy or intense places
Tools for when big emotions come up during Eclipse Season:
- Inner child meditation
- Talking to a friend, counsellor, family member
- Moving your body – yoga, dance, working out
- Time in nature, practising being present
- Deep breaths with a longer exhale than inhale
- Breathwork Sessions
- Bodywork sessions (massage, acupuncture, somatic therapy etc.,)
- Warm bath with epsom salts and essential oils
This Full Moon impacts these signs the most:
Aries Sun, Moon and Rising
Libra Sun, Moon and Rising
Our Become Your Own Astrologer Course is LIVE! Discover How To Read Your Own Chart And The Chart Of Others With Accuracy And Ease… (And Even Make Extra Money Doing It!)
Fire Burning Ceremony for Releasing
(Do this under the bright light of the moon if you can)
Prep: Have a pen, paper, glass or metal container filled with water and tweezers on hand.
- Cleanse and purify your space by burning rosemary, bayleaf, cedar, sage or any herbs related to your heritage.
- Take some time to meditate by listening to some music, using a mantra, do breathwork or a guided visualization – anything that works to get you into a meditative space. You can sit at your alter, outside or just somewhere in your home that feels good to you.
- Close your eyes and feel deep into your heart – don’t rush this process, really feel into it
- When you feel ready to write down anything in your life you feel ready to let go of. It can be names of people you want to cut chords with, patterns, old hurts. Space them out so you can cut them up to burn. You may have several listed on the page.
- Rip or cut up the words you wrote into separate pieces. Fold each one up individually and burn over the container of water (using the tweezers so you don’t burn your fingers) As the burns really imagine letting it go. I’ve noticed the ones we’re the most afraid to let go of don’t burn as fast!
- Thank the fire for helping you let go and transmute and close the space.
- After you’ve done the fire burning, cleanse yourself in water – have a bath with rose petals, salts, crystals, feel the energy of this issue, pattern, person, whatever it is really drain from your system as the water drains. You can have a simple shower instead, just envision it all draining and you starting fresh.
- Put on some nice fun dancey music
- Dance in the moonlight! Celebrate the newness you’ve created by letting go
Horoscopes For Each Sign – The area of life you can release something this Full Moon
If you do not know your Sun, Moon, and Rising sign, you can click here to generate your chart.
Look at your Rising Sign first, then Moon, then Sun.
Yourself, ego, how you present yourself to the world, your looks, identity
TAURUS: Self-worth, money, what you eat, your voice, possessions, skills and talents
GEMINI: Siblings, online business, general business, local life, relatives, short distance travel, writing, speaking, teaching, the mind
CANCER: Home, mother, family, emotional wellbeing, ancestral roots, the heart
LEO: Lovers and romance, play, hobbies, fun, art, intellect, creation, children
VIRGO: Your service to the world, day job, enemies, your physical body, health, animals, daily routines
LIBRA: Romantic partner, business partner, clients
SCORPIO: Death and rebirth, the occult, big life changes and transformation, sexuality, inheritances, other people’s money
SAGITTARIUS: Father, gurus, spiritual community, foreign travel, blessings, your belief systems, spirituality
CAPRICORN: Work, self-employment, your career, public image, leadership
AQUARIUS: The greater network, large groups of people, acquaintances, community, social media, online communities, good luck, money
PISCES: Spirituality, your dream world, the past, pain and loss, isolated places such as hospitals, prisons and institutions, channelling