Full Moon in Aries ~ September 29, 2023
5:57am ET / 2:57am PT
Theme: Building Interdependence
By: Andrea Dupuis
This week we have a “Harvest Moon” in the sign of Aries. It’s named so because now is the time to harvest summer crops in the Northern Hemisphere. It’s also the full moon that’s closest to the Equinox, marking the beginning of the Autumn season.
With this Equinox we officially enter into Libra season. The season is connected to love, beauty, partnerships and connections. This move into Libra season calls for us to take a closer look at our relationships, where they are flourishing and where they need work. We come back to the question of how to create interdependence within our relationships.
On the shadow side, Libra energy can lead to codependency and a hyper focus on relationships. We can really draw on its opposite sign of Aries this week to shift into independence. This dance of the Aries/Libra axis is about coming into equilibrium – interdependence by not shifting too much into independence, and not too much into co-dependence. The Aries/Libra axis is all about finding that sweet spot.
This theme can be very amplified this week and all through Libra season.
With a Full Moon in Aries, we may experience both the shadow and empowered expression in ourselves and others this week. Like all signs, Aries has two sides to it. On the empowered side, the Aries archetype is all about warriorship, leadership, pioneering and going forth with confidence.
On the shadow side, Aries energy is known to bring agitation, fights, aggression, frustration and lashing out in anger.
Aries is ruled by the planet Mars – also known as the “Planet of War”. We can expect this energy to be particularly strong this week for many of us. As always, the way a Full Moon impacts us depends so much on our own personal chart. We don’t all experience moon cycles the same, it depends on how the planets interplay with our charts. Click here to learn how to read your own chart.
In order to balance the empowered and shadow side of Aries, we need to look to its complementary opposite – Libra. A sign about balance, harmony and unification. Where Aries tends toward isolation and division, Libra asks us to come together. This week we can take a deeper look at how these two energies play out within us.
We can use the empowered side of Aries this week to connect to our courage and take action on the things that are worth fighting for in our life.
Full Moon Journaling Prompts
In what ways do we create division in ourselves?
In what ways are we hyper independent and unwilling to compromise?
In what ways can we come together in unity within ourselves and others?
During a Full Moon, the Sun illuminates the Moon – so anything that’s been hidden can come to light, anything unconscious can be brought to the surface.
With several planets still retrograde, we can’t expect things to move swiftly. We may still feel like projects, relationships, life itself is stuck. Especially with our two biggest planets, Jupiter and Saturn both retrograde. These retrogrades will continue for a few more months. Luckily both Venus and Mercury are now direct.
- Jupiter Retrograde: From September 5 to December 31
- Saturn Retrograde: From June 18 to November 4
- Uranus Retrograde 2023-2024: August 29 to January 27
- Pluto Retrograde: From May 11 to October 22
- Neptune Retrograde: From July 1 to December 6
This Full Moon impacts these signs the most:
This full moon will have the most impact for:
Aries Sun, Moon and Rising
Libra Sun, Moon and Rising
To a lesser degree but still impactful:
Leo Sun, Moon and Rising
Cancer Sun, Moon and Rising
We’ve also officially entered Eclipse season with an Annular Solar Eclipse coming up on October 14th and a Partial Lunar Eclipse on October 28th.
Eclipses are by far the most powerful cosmic event we can experience on earth. They bring huge change – endings, beginnings and world events. They are massive turning points in our lives.
People often fear Eclipses because of the uncertain and unnerving energy they can bring.
There are certain things you’ll want to do (and things to avoid) during Eclipse season to use this energy to make lasting change in your life.
Our Become Your Own Astrologer Course is LIVE! Discover How To Read Your Own Chart And The Chart Of Others With Accuracy And Ease… (And Even Make Extra Money Doing It!)
Fire Burning Ceremony for Releasing
(Do this under the bright light of the moon if you can)
Prep: Have a pen, paper, glass or metal container filled with water and tweezers on hand.
- Cleanse and purify your space by burning rosemary, bayleaf, cedar, sage or any herbs related to your heritage.
- Take some time to meditate by listening to some music, using a mantra, do breathwork or a guided visualization – anything that works to get you into a meditative space. You can sit at your alter, outside or just somewhere in your home that feels good to you.
- Close your eyes and feel deep into your heart – don’t rush this process, really feel into it
- When you feel ready to write down anything in your life you feel ready to let go of. It can be names of people you want to cut chords with, patterns, old hurts. Space them out so you can cut them up to burn. You may have several listed on the page.
- Rip or cut up the words you wrote into separate pieces. Fold each one up individually and burn over the container of water (using the tweezers so you don’t burn your fingers) As the burns really imagine letting it go. I’ve noticed the ones we’re the most afraid to let go of don’t burn as fast!
- Thank the fire for helping you let go and transmute and close the space.
- After you’ve done the fire burning, cleanse yourself in water – have a bath with rose petals, salts, crystals, feel the energy of this issue, pattern, person, whatever it is really drain from your system as the water drains. You can have a simple shower instead, just envision it all draining and you starting fresh.
- Put on some nice fun dancey music
- Dance in the moonlight! Celebrate the newness you’ve created by letting go
Horoscopes For Each Sign – The area of life you can release something this Full Moon
If you do not know your Sun, Moon, and Rising sign, you can click here to generate your chart.
Look at your Rising Sign first, then Moon, then Sun.
ARIES: Yourself, ego, how you present yourself to the world, your looks, identity
TAURUS: Self-worth, money, what you eat, your voice, possessions, skills and talents
GEMINI: Siblings, online business, general business, local life, relatives, short distance travel, writing, speaking, teaching, the mind
CANCER: Home, mother, family, emotional wellbeing, ancestral roots, the heart
LEO: Lovers and romance, play, hobbies, fun, art, intellect, creation, children
VIRGO: Your service to the world, day job, enemies, your physical body, health, animals, daily routines
LIBRA: Romantic partner, business partner, clients
SCORPIO: Death and rebirth, the occult, big life changes and transformation, sexuality, inheritances, other people’s money
SAGITTARIUS: Father, gurus, spiritual community, foreign travel, blessings, your belief systems, spirituality
CAPRICORN: Work, self-employment, your career, public image, leadership
AQUARIUS: The greater network, large groups of people, acquaintances, community, social media, online communities, good luck, money
PISCES: Spirituality, your dream world, the past, pain and loss, isolated places such as hospitals, prisons and institutions, channelling