Since fire and release are the themes with this lunar eclipse, then during the five hours of the eclipse or in the morning on the day of the eclipse (see below for your eclipse time and day) you can simply:
- Light a candle. Place the candle on an altar, or next to a symbol of guidance or healing for you (some of you might have a Goddess representing inner light or love, a small healing plant or herb or flowers in a vase). Then write down what you want to release on a piece of paper. If you have a safe candle votive then you can tear the piece of paper in pieces and name what you are clearing as you drop the scraps on to the flame.
- Or, make a small fire and place flower petals, an herb or what you want to RELEASE written on piece of paper into the fire which represents what you want to release.
Even if we long for healing, it is usually to be released from something. Perhaps you want to be released from:
- the fear of having an illness or not knowing how to find help
- the desire to not struggle
- a feeling of unworthiness or lack
- an unhealthy pattern that keeps you from being your radiant self and being connected with life and your purpose.
Take any flower, or if you can, take flower petals from a plant which means something to you, or the leaf of a healing plant and place it on your symbol as an offering to what you want to release.
For instance, I chose a purple flowering top to a peppermint plant that was right on my front porch; it was easy to get and represented releasing heat and inflammation in my body and mind – allowing room for cool, freshness, and vitality. A plant like sage, is easy to get and has many healing properties and has the energy of this dry, smoky eclipse too – so you could be releasing impatience or issues of slow metabolism with sage. You get to decide on the plant, flower or symbolism you are releasing.
Most full moons are connected with expansion and manifestation…but since the moon is eclipsed, the power of this moon is turned inward toward your personal spiritual change, not focused outward… then this lunar eclipse is about the opposite which is about releasing patterns which have been in your way to living the life you love, or choice patterns which have kept you from being your healthiest self.
You decide what the pattern to change or reverse is, and then on the day of the eclipse, exert extra effort to NOT DO, or not enact the pattern which tends to hook you into unhealthy patterns.
Eating sugar, or bread or drinking soda has ingredients which literally create an addiction – which according to physiology – the body will want sugar, bread or soda (sugar and caffeine or the chemicals in diet soda) exactly 24 hours after it was consumed the previous day.
BREAK UNHEALTHY PATTERNS OR BREAK PATTERNS WHICH KEEP YOU FROM EXCELLING OR SUCCEEDING
So…. If you can break the pattern for ONE day on the eclipse, you can magnify the discipline and pattern of choosing to NOT have the item which has kept you stuck in a pattern.
This includes not getting sucked into patterns of emotional distraction, since lunar eclipses can be more emotional times where we get triggered easily. Practicing the pause in our reactions can build self love and compassion, especially on eclipse days.
Here is the secret why: Eclipse days magnify actions by 10,000 to 100,000 on the day according to many ancient traditions.
So, if you can go against an engrained pattern that might be a weakness, you actually build strength on the eclipse day – AKA you can build discipline and the ability to not be thrown off routines for the next six months by how you choose to act on ECLIPSE DAYS!
This is a special secret I have shared with you from the Mega Red Day Report that all Conscious Calendars Subscribers get to download – there is more in the Report and all subscribers also get a Mercury Retrograde Report with all the dates of the year that Mercury Retrogrades.