Gemini Full Moon
December 7, 2022 – 11:09 PM ET / 8:09 PM PT
Theme: Return to Wonder
By Dawn M. Harrison (WildWitchAstrology.com)
Our Gemini Full Moon arrives on Wednesday, December 7th, illuminating all of the areas of our life where it’s time to invite in the medicine of curiosity, adaptability, flexibility, and change.
Gemini is the first Air sign of the zodiac, and represents the part of you who is the Curious Child, Student, and Teacher, all rolled into one. Full Moons in this sign seek to heal all of the parts of us that have stopped believing that there is more to learn, discover, and explore.
No matter how much we think we know, and no matter how sure we think we are, Gemini energy reminds us that Life always abounds with the opportunity to learn something new. Life always abounds with the opportunity to return to wonder.
As the Great Story-Teller of the zodiac, Gemini is ruled by Mercury, the planet of Communication, the Messenger, and the Voice, and so this Full Moon is inviting us to consider the stories that we tell ourselves — about who we are, what we can do, and where we are going.
If recent months have found you questioning your narrative, know that you are right where you are supposed to be, because it is only through asking the questions and truly becoming the Seeker that you can expand your growth edges and invite in the much needed winds of change.
There is great healing in knowing that today does not have to be the same as yesterday, and that tomorrow holds a promise that is yet unexplored. No matter what circumstances have brought you to where you are right now, know that you can always rewrite your story.
This Full Moon forms an opposition to our Sagittarius Sun, and a tight conjunction to Mars retrograde, signaling a time where we are called to: balance our need “to know” (Sagittarius) with our need to enquire (Gemini); and our need to consciously align our short-term actions (Gemini) with our longer range visions (Sagittarius).
This is an activating energy, but it also calls for patient enquiry and a willingness to listen – both to ourselves and to others. Impulsivity may be tempting, but remember that Gemini’s love language is curiosity, so take the time to survey your body, your relationships, and your circumstances through this lens. Then, trust the power of your attention and your ability to shift your perspective to one that is empowering and motivating.
This is the last Full Moon of the year. May you leave behind what needs leaving, and may you make space in your life for your inevitable return to wonder.
Full Moon Contemplations
Full Moons begin the waning phase of our lunar cycle, so they tend to illuminate both what we need to celebrate and what we may need to release in the coming weeks. To attune to what this Full Moon might mean for you, begin by asking yourself…
In what areas of my life is it time to get curious and to invite in a fresh perspective?
What old story is time to revisit and rewrite?
Where am I being called to shake off the dust of the past, and open my heart to the promise of the “new”?
And, what lessons-learned must I carry forward into the next season of my life, in order to spiral up into the person I know myself to be?
Who This Full Moon May Impact the Most:
Who This Full Moon May Impact the Most Every birth chart is unique, and there are a number of factors that influence the degree to which we experience the acute effects of any Full Moon. Know that something is being illuminated for us all, and that we are all being asked, in one way or another, to awaken to those things in our life that are calling for celebration, and those things in our life that are calling for release.
Those who may experience the effects of this Full Moon most strongly, include those with:
• Gemini Sun, Moon, and Rising;
• Sagittarius Sun, Moon, and Rising;
• Pisces Sun, Moon and Rising; and
• Virgo Sun, Moon, and Rising
Our Become Your Own Astrologer Course is LIVE! Discover How To Read Your Own Chart And The Chart Of Others With Accuracy And Ease… (And Even Make Extra Money Doing It!)
Gemini Full Moon Ritual
In many ways, this Full Moon closes out 2022, and prepares us for what we will take forward into the new year of 2023. As the first Air sign of the zodiac, Gemini rules the transient thoughts of the mind, ideas, words and the concepts that connect us. Full Moons in this sign encourage us to release old thought-forms in order to make space for the fresh perspectives that seek to carry us forward. To this end, this ritual is designed to help you use your words and to find freedom in the process…
For this ritual, you will need:
1. Candle of your choice
3. Colored markers, pencils, and/or crayons of your choice
4. Optional Tarot and/or Oracle deck
1. Light your candle.
2. Ground yourself. Perhaps stand with legs open wide, feet firmly planted on the ground, breathing deeply in through the nose and out through the mouth, while visualizing the base of your spine extending down through the floor to the very core of the earth.
3. When you are ready, place two pieces of paper in front of you with your colored pencils, pens, and/or crayons handy.
4. Standing in front of the first sheet, visualize a time in your life when you felt truly free, unencumbered by the fear of what other people thought, or by the fear of what might be… a time when you felt vital and alive. See, feel, and hear as many details from this experience as you can. Now, say aloud, “I feel free when….” If you desire, pull an oracle and/or tarot card to inspire you. Then, fill in the blanks out loud. This is a Gemini Full Moon, so let yourself really feel the sound of your own voice, and let your inner Messenger ring. Pick up the coloring utensils of your choice, let your hand hit the paper and draw whatever words, shapes, images, and lines that arise within you. There need not be a definite form here… this is about expression and the reckless abandon of joy that must not be judged or analyzed.
5. When you are ready, move to your second sheet. First, feel yourself safe and secure. Now, consider what circumstances in your life tend to constrict your voice and restrict your freedom. If you desire, pull an oracle/tarot card to help you reflect. Pick up the colored utensils of your choice, and on your second sheet of paper, allow yourself to draw this reflection too. Notice the difference in the colors that you choose, the words that you write, and the shapes that you draw.
6. When you are ready, pick up your second sheet of paper and prepare to release. Allow yourself to tear this sheet from top to bottom… as many times as you need. Now, safely dispose of it.
7. Then, take your first sheet of paper, hold it in front of you, and say aloud, “I am grateful for the experience of freedom and creative exploration in my life. I commit to making space for more of this freedom and play, and I commit to sharing this freedom with others”.
8. Store this sheet in a safe place of your choosing, or hang it where you can see and meditate on it daily.
Which area of your life will be most impacted by this Gemini Full Moon
(based on your zodiac sign)
Look at your Rising sign first, then Moon, then Sun.
If you don’t know your Signs, you can pull up your chart here.
First enter your birth info… and you’ll get a chart. (Note you must have your accurate birth time to use your rising sign, even two minutes off can change it):
The one on the right with letters ‘ASC’ is your Rising Sign, so look at that first, followed by your Moon Sign: ☽ and your Sun Sign: ☉
ARIES – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Communications, Contacts, Learning, Siblings, Neighbors, Data Exchange, Ideas
TAURUS – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Finances, Personal Resources, Talent, Values, Security, Confidence, Self-Worth
GEMINI – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Personal Identity, Self-Image, Self-Awareness, Independence, Your brand
CANCER – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Sacred Space, Spirituality, Spiritual practices, Need for privacy, Hidden influences, Dreams
LEO – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Communities, Bonds with like-minded people, Friendships, Networks, Collective consciousness, Long-range dreams, Hopes
VIRGO – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Ambition, Life direction, Status, Public Identity, Life Mission, Authority, Responsibility
LIBRA – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: World-view, Higher education, Broadening horizons, Ideologies, Belief systems, Long-distance travel, Religion, Spirituality
SCORPIO – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Intimate partnerships, Shared resources, Sexual relationships, Deep psychological understanding, Major life transitions, the Occult, Death and REbirth
SAGITTARIUS – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Partnerships, Relationships, Contracts, Negotiations, Balance
CAPRICORN – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Daily Routines, Daily Responsibilities, Lifestyle choices, Health and Fitness, Habits, Mind-Body Connection
AQUARIUS – Areas of illumination, celebration and release: Recreation, Creativity, Pleasure, Self-Expression, Children of the Body, and Children of the Mind, Romance
PISCES – Areas of illumination, celebration, and release: Family, Home, Origins, Bonded Relationships, Roots