Full Moon in Capricorn
July 13, 2022
Theme: Staying Connected to Spirit
by Andrea Dupuis
Capricorn is symbolised by a sea goat – it has a goat top and a fish bottom. This symbol perfectly represents the archetype of Capricorn – ‘The Boss’
We all have Capricorn somewhere in our chart, it’s one of the 12 signs that rules a part of our chart, so we’ll collectively experience this theme. However this Full Moon will impact those with their Sun, Moon or Rising in Capricorn the most.
The goat is always seeking a mountain to climb. Once they reach the top they are on the search for the next mountain. The fish bottom is the part of Capricorn that needs to stay connected to their spirit no matter what.
The lesson for all of us is to balance striving for achievement in the material world, while keeping deeply connected to spirit.
In the empowered state, The Boss archetype is ambitious, goal oriented and committed. In the shadow side, this archetype can be ruthless achieving their goals at the expense of their soul – leaving them feeling empty and unfulfilled.
This week, with the Full Moon here, these themes will be amplified. Be careful not to sacrifice your spirit and connection to the divine in pursuit of achievement.
This Full Moon is also conjunct with the planet Pluto – the planet associated with the underworld.
We may notice our desire for achievement, high status, for money, for fame, for what we thought was most important is changing or dying.
Full Moon Journal Prompts:
What’s left after we achieve the highest status and all our earthly goals?
How can we achieve while maintaining our connection to spirit?
Where have I been disconnected from my own soul in the name of worldly success?
These are good questions to ponder this week…
Wherever Capricorn is in your natal chart is the area you’ll be the most ambitious, and yet the area you have to remain the most connected to spirit. Creating this balance will actually help you achieve more. Keep your metaphorical fish fin in the water while you climb the highest mountains.
Full Moons tend to amplify everything and have us feel everything more intensely. Pay close attention to your dreams, they may have a message for you this week.
These themes that could be amplified for you this week. They can also represent an area where you’re needing to balance your spirit and need for achievement. Take a look and contemplate these themes and how they are going in your life.
Who this Full Moon impacts the most:
Capricorn Sun, Moon and Rising
Cancer Sun, Moon and Rising
Scorpio Sun, Moon and Rising
Fire Burning Full Moon Ritual for Releasing
(Do this under the bright light of the moon if you can)
Prep: Have a pen, paper, glass or metal container filled with water and tweezers on hand.
- Cleanse and purify your space by burning rosemary, bayleaf, cedar, sage or any herbs related to your heritage.
- Take some time to meditate by listening to some music, using a mantra, do breathwork or a guided visualization – anything that works to get you into a meditative space. You can sit at your alter, outside or just somewhere in your home that feels good to you.
- Close your eyes and feel deep into your heart – don’t rush this process, really feel into it
- When you feel ready to write down anything in your life you feel ready to let go of. It can be names of people you want to cut chords with, patterns, old hurts. Space them out so you can cut them up to burn. You may have several listed on the page.
- Rip or cut up the words you wrote into separate pieces. Fold each one up individually and burn over the container of water (using the tweezers so you don’t burn your fingers) As the burns really imagine letting it go. I’ve noticed the ones we’re the most afraid to let go of don’t burn as fast!
- Thank the fire for helping you let go and transmute and close the space.
- After you’ve done the fire burning, cleanse yourself in water – have a bath with rose petals, salts, crystals, feel the energy of this issue, pattern, person, whatever it is really drain from your system as the water drains. You can have a simple shower instead, just envision it all draining and you starting fresh.
- Put on some nice fun dancey music
- Dance in the moonlight! Celebrate the newness you’ve created by letting go
Horoscopes For Each Sign – The area of life you can release something this Full Moon
If you do not know your Sun, Moon, and Rising sign, you can click here to generate your chart.
Look at your Rising Sign first, then Moon, then Sun.
ARIES: Work, self-employment, your career, public image, leadership
TAURUS: Father, gurus, spiritual community, foreign travel, blessings, your belief systems, spirituality
GEMINI: Death and rebirth, the occult, big life changes and transformation, sexuality, inheritances, other people’s money
CANCER: Romantic partner, business partner, clients, anyone you have contracts with
LEO: Your service to the world, day job, enemies, your physical body, health, animals, daily routines, therapy
VIRGO: Lovers and romance, play, hobbies, fun, art, intellect, creation, children
LIBRA: Home, mother, family, emotional wellbeing, ancestral roots, the heart
SCORPIO: Siblings, online business, general business, local life, relatives, short distance travel, writing, speaking, teaching, the mind
SAGITTARIUS: Self-worth, money, what you eat, your voice, possessions, skills and talents
CAPRICORN: Yourself, ego, how you present yourself to the world, your looks, identity
AQUARIUS: Spirituality, your dream world, the past, pain and loss, isolated places such as hospitals, prisons and institutions, channelling
PISCES: The greater network, large groups of people, acquaintances, community, social media, online communities, good luck, money