One-to-One Mentorship & Coaching
I’m Sheleana, (pronounced Shell-eee-na) and my closest friends call me Shay. I am the Creator and Founder of Rising Woman, a birth doula, women’s work junkie and co-facilitator of the Rising Woman Sisterhood. I’m blessed to share a home and be in conscious relationship with my partner Ben. At this point in time, I’m in a place of service to others, with the energy and clarity to offer guidance and mentorship to women on their own path of healing.
When I work with women 1-1 or in groups, I intend to serve as a living, breathing example of what it means to be initiated into leadership through facing our own inner darkness.
I was raised by a single-mom who struggled with her mental health, and I never met my father. My childhood was spent moving in and out of foster homes and running with street-kids. I had very low self-worth, major self-image issues and zero healthy boundaries. A deep abandonment wound was formed around my heart, and without the proper tools or emotional support to help me heal, I continued to attract abusive or avoidant men in my early teens and 20’s.
After a traumatic divorce, my life’s mission became to heal my inner-child, resolve my abandonment wound and cultivate my inner feminine. My intention was to attract a divine masculine partner to share in a lifelong conscious relationship with. Sure enough, I felt all the hard things and then he showed up – with unwavering commitment and the purest devotion I have ever received.
Over the past decade I have practiced as a birth-doula, attending births and advocating for women, volunteering with women’s rape shelters and organizations, reading countless books on women’s studies and immersing myself in the wisdom of female shamanism, women’s wisdom and relationships.
I’m currently immersed in three pivotal worlds of study and development – Shadow Work, Women’s Wisdom and Female Shamanism. I’ve been endorsed by my teacher, Transpersonal Therapist and Author P.T. Mistlberger and continue to learn from him in the realms of shadow work, transpersonal psychology and family systems work. I’m also under the Shamanic Mentorship of Nikiah Seeds on the path of initiation through her Red Moon Mystery School.
My mentorship style consists of an integrated blend of the wisdom and tools I have acquired from my teachers and mentors, along with the teachings I have gleaned from my own path and continual self-study.
I know what it’s like to feel like life has pulled the rug out from under you, to have lost it all, to feel desperate, scared and alone. Through my own journey through the darkness, I’ve come to realize that as women – when we experience the hard stuff, it’s because we’re being initiated into leadership. We’re meant for something more, and these lessons are our training. Knowing this, and having my own life experience allows me to hold a non-judgemental, compassionate space for you while you walk through the fire.
During a 60 minute session, you’ll have a safe space to share your fears, and be safely guided through specific processes to help integrate your healing work.
Drumming journeys with visual guidance are often a part of these sessions as well, as a way to help you connect to your own intuition and symbolic language.
If you’re seeking support in:
- Identifying the ways in which you can improve your relationship by becoming more self-aware
- How to deepen your own self-love to create the possibility of finding a conscious relationship
- Understanding your own relationship patterns that are subconsciously sabotaging your chances at keeping or attracting love
- Developing deep, meaningful connections in your life
- Learning how to communicate powerfully and set boundaries while maintaining friendships and romantic partnerships
- Stop attracting men who take advantage of you, are dishonest or abusive
- Break old patterns that keep you stuck in love
- Learn how to command respect and devotion from men
- Inner-child work and developing a healthy self-esteem
- Recovering, healing and flourishing from a painful breakup or divorce
- Support during a breakup or divorce that’s overwhelmingly painful and scary
- Healing the abandonment wound to finally feel safe on your own, or be in a healthy relationship
- I also offer pregnancy and loss support to women*
I’m Heather the Co-founder of Rising Woman, Conscious Relationship Mentor to both Men and Women, creator of The Mystic Moon Calendar, and owner of The Essence Oracle.
I also happen to love hip-hop dance sessions in my living room, the highest high waisted jeans you can find, and a finely made cup of coffee.
I believe in taking life seriously, and not so seriously all at the same time.
There’s an importance to doing the “Work” while also allowing ourselves room for playfulness, full self expression, and ultimately joy.
I’ve been given many labels over the years: Facilitator, Coach, Consultant, Photographer, Brand Strategist, Healer, Intuitive, Dream Analyst, and more. However, the one through line label between them all is seeker.
I’m a seeker of the truth. I yearn to understand the nature of our minds, the strangeness of our universe, and how to heal our hearts along the way.
Years ago, during an elementary school yard feud between two rivaling girl gangs, I was naturally the mediator. The school principal promptly called me a “Little Oprah.” Little did I know she was pointing to a pathway to come, my natural tendency towards emotional understanding, clear communication, and healing relationships.
Since that time I’ve trained extensively in a variety of effective modalities, with a primary focus in Transpersonal Therapy under the mentorship and guidance of author and teacher Phil Mistlberger. Under his tutelage I’ve been endorsed as a facilitator and counsellor within the realms of Conscious Relationships and Personal Empowerment.
If you are ready to:
- Resolve painful conflict in your relationships
- Heal ongoing patterns in your life that seem to sabotage your success
- Recover from a breakup, divorce, or loss of an important relationship
- Build your self-esteem and confidence while lowering your anxiety
- Become a person of power in the world, with the ability to reach your goals
Contact me today for a free 15 minute consultation to discuss how I can support you in your journey.
Not ready for 1 on 1 support but still need help?
Read some of my articles to get a sense of how we can work together: