One-to-One Mentorship & Coaching
I’m Sheleana, (pronounced Shell-eee-na) and my closest friends call me Shay for short. I am the Creator and Founder of Rising Woman, a birth doula, women’s work junkie and women’s group facilitator with my Co-Founder Heather. I’m blessed to share a home and a life with my incredibly heart-centered partner, Ben and together we both apprentice under the same teacher, along side our two best friends Heather and Steve.
I grew up without a father and until I was about 16 years old, I was afraid of men. My early years were spent in and out of foster homes, suppressing my emotional trauma and learning how to survive on my own. Through my earliest experiences, I formed deep walls around my heart and I attracted men that reflected this back to me in the form of abuse or dishonesty. A divorce catalyzed a deeply healing time for me that pushed me onto my path as an integrated woman, and I am honored to be in the position to give back.
Rising Woman was imagined well before its birth, and from the time the seed was planted to the time of its inception I underwent a rapid spiritual cleansing. Suddenly, I found myself navigating a messy divorce involving deep betrayal, a health crisis as a result of the stress, old childhood wounds being activated, I lost all of my money in my divorce and even my cat disappeared. I went from earning 6 figures a month to borrowing money just to pay my rent! Everything I tried to hold on to was ripped from my grasp so I could learn how to truly let go and be at home in myself.
In my early 20’s, I built a successful online business called Young and Raw that generated 7 figures in two years, I spent time in birth work as a doula, attending births and advocating for women, volunteering with women’s rape shelters and organizations, reading countless books on women’s studies, menstruation and birth, female shamanism and relationships. Today, I continue to apprentice under Author and Transpersonal Therapist P.T. Mistlberger in the realms of transpersonal therapy, shadow work and family systems work, run a thriving women’s group here locally in Vancouver and continue to embark on the Priestess path under the guidance of a female shaman. My mentorship style consists of an integrated blend of the wisdom and tools I have acquired from my teachers and mentors, along with the teachings I have gleaned from my own path and continual self-study.
If you’re seeking support in:
- Identifying the ways in which you can improve your relationship by becoming more self-aware
- How to deepen your own self-love to create the possibility of finding a conscious relationship
- Understanding your own relationship patterns that are subconsciously sabotaging your chances at keeping or attracting love
- Developing deep, meaningful connections in your life
- Learning how to communicate powerfully and set boundaries while maintaining friendships and romantic partnerships
- Stop attracting men who take advantage of you, are dishonest or abusive
- Break old patterns that keep you stuck in love
- Learn how to command respect and devotion from men
- Inner-child work and developing a healthy self-esteem
- Recovering, healing and flourishing from a painful breakup or divorce
- I also offer women’s work support and guidance through abortion, loss, pregnancy and moon time education.*
I’m Heather the Co-founder of Rising Woman, Conscious Relationship Mentor to both Men and Women, creator of The Mystic Moon Calendar, and owner of The Essence Oracle.
I also happen to love hip-hop dance sessions in my living room, the highest high waisted jeans you can find, and a finely made cup of coffee.
I believe in taking life seriously, and not so seriously all at the same time.
There’s an importance to doing the “Work” while also allowing ourselves room for playfulness, full self expression, and ultimately joy.
I’ve been given many labels over the years: Facilitator, Coach, Consultant, Photographer, Brand Strategist, Healer, Intuitive, Dream Analyst, and more. However, the one through line label between them all is seeker.
I’m a seeker of the truth. I yearn to understand the nature of our minds, the strangeness of our universe, and how to heal our hearts along the way.
Years ago, during an elementary school yard feud between two rivaling girl gangs, I was naturally the mediator. The school principal promptly called me a “Little Oprah.” Little did I know she was pointing to a pathway to come, my natural tendency towards emotional understanding, clear communication, and healing relationships.
Since that time I’ve trained extensively in a variety of effective modalities, with a primary focus in Transpersonal Therapy under the mentorship and guidance of author and teacher Phil Mistlberger. Under his tutelage I’ve been endorsed as a facilitator and counsellor within the realms of Conscious Relationships and Personal Empowerment.
If you are ready to:
- Resolve painful conflict in your relationships
- Heal ongoing patterns in your life that seem to sabotage your success
- Recover from a breakup, divorce, or loss of an important relationship
- Build your self-esteem and confidence while lowering your anxiety
- Become a person of power in the world, with the ability to reach your goals
Contact me today for a free 15 minute consultation to discuss how I can support you in your journey.
Not ready for 1 on 1 support but still need help?
Read some of my articles to get a sense of how we can work together: